Thyroid test normal but Dr. wants me to take iodine test

I have brain fog, fatigue, depression, and weight loss. My Dr. has run just about every test, including T3 & T4. But everything appears normal. Now she wants to do a iodine loading test? Any comments on the test and how it might help find an answer?
Have you had the following tests done?  B12, Epstein-Barr virus, Vit D3 ?
B12 was fine, D3 was very low and I'm being treated for that. No Epstein-Barr virus was done, but I don't think that's the problem.
Can you tell me more about Epstein Barr Virus? I have been dealing with fatigue about 15 years and they always blame the thyroid. I have Hashimoto's in which my numbers are where the doctor believes they should be now. I also have Pernicious anemia and low vitamin D in which I have been receiving treatment for about 2 years. I feel the same as I did 2 years ago. I had a really bad case of mono when I was a senior in high school in which I had exteme exhaustion. I recently seen the Dr Oz show where they said that this virus can always stay in your body. Why did your doctor think to check for this? How do they treat your for this? There is no cure for this virus is there?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community