Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weight Loss

I am a 43 year old male who has attempted to lose weight numerous times. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 years ago. my question has to do with this.....regardless of being told Levoxyl will keep me from being symptomatic, will it also keep me from losing weight? Is Levoxyl inhibiting my metabolism from losing weight as well as gaining it. Last year for six months I kept my diet to 2000 calories , circuit trained everyday and maybe lost 5 pounds. I'm 240 pounds.....Just wondering
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1556289 tn?1317147756
Lyvoxl will actually speed up your matabolism and if the dosage is right you should have more energy and feel better. There have been people who have taken more of it in order to raise there matabolism more in order to loose weight. If you get to much lyvoxl you will experience shakiness, insomnia, diareah, and other symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I DO NOT recommend messing with your dosage but I would definately make sure my dosage is right in oder to get on the right track for weight loss.
Helpful - 0
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
If your thyroid levels aren't right for you, you will have a hard time losing weight.  You may still be hypo, even if your lab reports show your levels to be "in range".  You may need an adjustment in your medication.  

Can you post your most recent lab results, including TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, along with reference ranges listed on your lab report?  Reference ranges are lab specific, so must come from your own report.  

Once you post your latest labs, members can assess the results and comment more fully on you situation.  

Do you know if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  Hashi's is an autoimmune disease in which the body sees the thyroid as foreign and produces antibodies to attack and destroy the thyroid.  As the destruction progresses, it's often necessary to adjust medication to compensate for the thyroid making less hormones.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.