Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

What do thyroid cancer patients usually die off

So far as I can see the majority of pap/follicular thyroid cancer patients are usually cured after surgery and are just curious what patients mostly die off? Is it usually heart problems due to incorrect levothyroxine dosage or does cancer eventually appear again after 10-20 years?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't know that thyroid cancer patients are any more likely to die of a certain thing, such as heart problems, than the general population.  

I've not had thy ca, but it's my understanding that usually in cancer patients, the TSH is kept suppressed in order to prevent cancer recurrence.  

Are you having a specific problem that we might be able to help with?
Thyca (thyroid cancer) is the easiest Cancer to get rid of.
I have never heard of anyone dying of thyroid cancer.

The biggest cause of death in most people whether thyroid issues or not is Cardiovascular Disease.
This can be hereditary, bad diet, age..........

I had heart problems BEFORE getting thyroid cancer and I am still here lol.
I was born with heart issues.

No-one can really say whether thyca returns after 10-20 years just as if you asked a Doctor if you was going to die of Cardiovascualr Disease (with no previous history of it or hereditary history) in 10-20 years time.

I dont think anyone can really answer that question.

I believe that if any cancer is caught early, there is a great chance of recovery. Thyroid Cancer is one of most curable cancers there are.
Old Age!!

Venora
Bingo Venora! lol