Thyroid Disorders Community

What is wrong with thyroid?

My previous TSH levels 6.93 Dr started me on Levthroxin lowest dosage
2 month TSH-2.43
6 month TSH-5.38
MCV=79
MCH=25 MCHC=31  The blood CBC levels have been like this for several years.

COMMUNITY LEADER
Is TSH the only thyroid related test your doctor is ordering?  Unfortunately, TSH is pituitary hormone, not a thyroid hormone and there are a number of variables that affect TSH, other than thyroid hormones, including the time of day.  TSH can vary as much as 75% over the course of a day.

In order to get a true picture of what's going on, your doctor should be ordering Free T3 and Free T4, which are the actual thyroid hormones.  If you have results for those, please post them, and be sure to include reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.

What are the reference ranges for the MCV, MCH and MCHC?  It's necessary to compare levels with the ranges used by the lab that analyzed your samples.  Ranges should be on the lab report, often in parenthesis next to the result.

Have you had iron levels tested?