A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
393685 tn?1425816122

Who are you with THYROID???

As a refresher for members and an invitation to ALL -

How did you come to the thyroid board here at Med Help?  Let us know what conditions you have and what you went through so far.

Do you have a parathyroid disorder? Do you - or did you - have cancer and have had your thyroid removed? Are you autoimmune and struggling?

So many - visit here and a thread like this is so important to know what's up.

We as Leaders and members would like to know what has brought you to this board so we and others can direct you to the best resources available.

Thanks and Happy Health!

NikkiP/Stella
289 Responses
314276 tn?1235084823
I came to MedHelp when I was dx w/PCOS and hypothyroidism in late 2007. I have been struggling with hair loss and weight problems.  I love this forum as it brings so much knowledge about different things. Hope everything goes back to normal. I dont even want to be seen outside my home, I feel like everyone is looking at me.  My husband is very supportive, but I just feel that he would not want to be with someone struggling with hair loss.  I dunno.  Hopefully my hair grows back where it has thinned out.

Thanks for putting this ? out there.
I was just bumming around the web looking for info on Hashimoto's and on the muscle aches I was having and found this forum, after following the advice of some of the members, my condition has improved, so now I visit each day, If I can offer some help I try, I think it is a great place to chat with folks who have the same problems and rids you of the feeling that your alone with these symptoms. Thank You FTB4
519035 tn?1348279373
I was dx'd with hashis, hypot, and pcos. I am flip flopping probably due to stress. I am doing much better with a 1.0 Tsh. Thanks for all your help Stella:)  I remember up to 2006, and finally making progress. Hoping I can land a better job now.
168348 tn?1379360675
I did a search for thyroid nodule and FNA biopsy.  I went for a routine physical and they found 2 nodules by chance .. the rest is history for now after a partial thyroidectomy with two benign nodules removed and then finding two very small micro papillary cancers elsewhere in the gland that are now gone.  The other side never began to work again, so I'm on Synthroid for the cancer supression as well as to live.  It took a good 10mos to get the meds sorted out and then just this Winter I had a severe Vit D deficiency which is doing much better now.  I'm feel well now and have 1/2 the other side of the thyroid intact and ultrasounded routinely and all is stable.

This is a wonderful community ................. I don't know what I would have done without it.  My diagnosis to surgery date was 9 weeks .. and those were longest 9 weeks in my life.

C~
I was Googling for calcium in urine and it brought me to this forum and what's coincidental is that I use the Tracker for Fibromyalgia and and autoimmune disease I have. Right now I have Hyperparathyroidism and will probably be having a parathyroidectomy in about 3 weeks.   I have heart disease which resulted in a triple bypass in 07, hypothyroidism, CREST(a less aggressive form of scleroderma), fibromyalgia, controlled hypertension and thats the bulk of it.
I use the trackers here and am just getting used to using the forums.
219241 tn?1413541365
I had looked at a few thyroid forums, but found nothing for Australia. Did a google on my condition and saw MedHelp.
  I do have issues with parathyroids.
Had Follicular Adenoma in left lobe, removed May 07
Hurthle cell Adenoma with changes in right lobe, removed Dec 07.
I have Hashimoto's even though I had my thyroid removed totally.
I am happy to be alive though, and that's the main thing.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.