Worried about my thyroid
I am 26 years old, my doctor said she thought my thyroid was enlarged and ordered some blood work (thyroid profile) That came back normal, and then she was a little worried and ordered a thyroid scan. I got the results back today when my doctor called, and she was right, my thyroid is enlarged but no signs of hypothyrodism or hyperthyroidism and there are no spots that may indicate cancer or nodules. She told me that it may be the start of hyper or hypothyroidism and that we still wouldn't rule out the possibility of cancer or a nodule. I don't understand it, if my thyroid is enlarged what is wrong?? She talked about ordering an ultrasound and she said she would call and let me know what her next action is because she said she may just monitor my symptoms for a while to see if anything shows up. What is wrong? I am confused and worried!
Don't worry too much. If anything came back normal then it just the enlargement. Mine was the same thing. The gland just enlarged by itself, all the blood tests and biopsy didn't show anything. Try to find an Endocrinologist, who will treat you correctly with that goiter. Good luck.