Thyroid Disorders Community

Yippeee.. helping others through Facebook

Well, there you go.. the wonders of modern communications. I put up on my Facebook account that January is Thyroid Awareness month and elaborated on another site I am on, and TA-DA! Heaps of people are now wanting to know more....they are realising they too might have thyroid disorder and never understood why the doc kept saying they are normal. Most have had their basic TSH levels checked and are 'normal' Like one lady was 5.4 and there fore normal! But she is a ton overweight, depressed etc etc...and she is now seeing as she put it, 'A light going off in her head' that she is, in fact; HYPOTHYROID.
  Aussie levels are 0.3 to 5.5 means you are with in normal range. Poor woman has been in hypo heck for years and thought she was just nuts!
   I put up my own personal story, and I am amazed at the result it is having...so EFF you Oprah, you nasty piece of insensitive work....WE have the power to change the poor long suffering thyroid patient!
   Yay I am very happy! (makes a change from my last view posts, hey..wink!)
Excellent Red - Thanks

You made a great decision to do this.

I need to get a facebook thing going - I have to learn how to navigate around it yet.