Thyroid Disorders Community

antibodies

Dear Doctor,  in my last month blood test everything were perfect: TSH: 0.98 -  Ft4- 1.3  -  Ft3: 294  
C-Reactive Protein : 0.2   -  TpoAB: < 10     TgAB: 1466
My lipid profile and all the other ones perfect, TgAb is the only one is very high. What is that mean? Any danger w/ that high abnormal number. Any treatment for this?
I have an appointment with a new ENDO on Apr. 30th., but they don't explain . I always stay in dark. Would please tell me why is TgAB is the only abnormal result.What does it mean? Thank you very much .
Best Regards ,  Melisa
A thyroglobulin antibodies (TgAb) test is used to check blood levels of antibodies the body has made against the compound thyroglobulin. Thyroglobulin is a protein produced and used by the thyroid gland (the small, butterfly-shaped gland in the neck) to make the hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), both of which help control metabolism and growth. Antibodies are proteins made by the immune system to fight bacteria, viruses, and toxins.

Ordinarily, a healthy immune system wouldn't make significant levels of antibodies against thyroglobulin, because it's not "foreign," but rather a necessary component of thyroid functioning. In autoimmune diseases, however, the immune system malfunctions, mistakenly attacking healthy organs and tissues as though they were foreign invaders. In people with certain thyroid-related autoimmune conditions, the blood level of thyroglobulin antibodies may rise.

The thyroglobulin antibodies test is used primarily to help diagnose autoimmune conditions involving the thyroid gland. The test may be ordered when a person has symptoms of a thyroid disorder, including thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid) or goiter (an enlarged thyroid), or if tests to check blood levels of T3, T4, or thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) showed abnormalities.

You have all the signs of Graves Disease and your antibodies are high meaning they are attacking your thyroid.
Hope that helps. :)