Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

can anyone else control there adrenaline?

the title says it all. i discoverd long ago that i could control the ammount of adrenaline in body, for example i could be just sitting and give myself an adrenaline rush at will. can anyone else do this too? colud doing this hurt me?

This discussion is related to Is it possible to control your adrenal glands at will?.
Yes i can.. I can also control my BP/HR... I am very senstive to changes in my body, I am extremely in tune with my body and its functions and have a very sensitive autonomic nervous system function as well.

I also agree with this statement:
A lot of feelings that result in physiological symptoms are a choice whether we realize it or not.

I can as well it but i dont think it can hurt us i been doing it for 6 years and iam fine, how did u discover it?
I really don't think bringing on an adrenal rush is healthy. It's a defensive mechanism to protect our bodies. If you allow yourself to force this issues with no real reason to have them - there could be damage done.
I am not sure what this has to do with thyroid too?
I know exactly what the OP is about. I've been able to to this since a very young age as well. Though I suspect it is the Pineal gland that gets activated. Here's a self-check for the "rush" described: Stand in front of the mirror in a well environment and 'activate' the rush mechanism. Ideally, a tingly sensation in the spine would be accompanied by a slight feeling of headiness and increased heart rate. Sweating may also occur, as in my case. Then, when you are still in the rush, examine your pupils - they WILL be dilated.

Statistically, I believe only around 1-2% of the population can bring about this strange phenomena at will.

Any other information would be immensely helpful.

- Rahul G

rg1283[at]gmail[dot]com
I think this posting is absolutely dangerous to some people to try.
Someone like myself who 'tries this' will end up with a heart attack.

What is the reason for wanting an adrenalin rush????

And anyone who does try it......to just get a 'buzz' out of it are putting their health at risk.
The glands can damage and sometimes be permanantly damaged.

I see no point whatsover in this post.
Sorry to be blunt...but I say it as I see it.
I first realized I could do this when meditating one day. It feels like electricity running through my veins and my Heartrate and Bp soar. It's like a switch in my brain I just turn on and off at will. I think that it has to do with the pineal gland in the brain
Like some people here I can too control the adrenaline rush.
I first discovered this 6-7 years ago,but I didn't know what it was.
It feel like electricity is running trough my body,I become hyperactive,everything speeds up,have more force,and I can push my limits farther.It's nice to know that I can do this,and it feels good,but I think it's hurting my body.3 years ago I started doing this alot and after a few months I did appendicitis.Don't know is a coincidence but there was no reason for this to happen,suspect that adrenaline rush was the reason.

Right now I went to a mirror and did a adrenaline rush and my pupils have increased.Very creepy.

I have the exact same thing and after i feel very strong and allert i think it has to do with my adrenal glands though
Ya i can do it to and i dont know if its dangerous to you but its sure dangerouse to the people around you i broke my friends finger by accident. Its kinda freaky
yep, i can control my adrenaline aswell, i noticed when i do thia, my pupils get very big, also it feels as if my heaet fills with a rush and my veins a flowing with amazing power, i love it!!!!