collarbone sticking out

hi iam 29 years old, i have been on .75mcg of levoxyl fro years for hypothyroidism, i have a strange question my collar bone on the right side suddenly got a bulge in it it sticks out pretty far and it feels pressury like something is pushing outward on it, i feel it on the right side of my throat as well face feels strange sensations, i have never had ultra sound of thyroid they just did standard blood tests said it was low and put me on meds then check it every 6 months...they have had to keep upping my dose lately....is the bone sticking out possibly thyroid related??? any ideas on what would cause it?
It is possible you have a sub-sternal thyroid but only an ultrasound would tell for sure.  That would be the next step that I'd recommend and maybe a CT scan.
i had a nucleur medicine bone scan on friday (because of other health problems) and they did extra scans of my neck when i showed it to the radiologist, its kinda a mri scan so i am hoping that will show what it is..iam going to talk to my doctor about scanning my thyroid i have never seen anyone with this before..its getting worse it feels like something is pushing on it..i can feel it in my throat as well.