Thyroid Disorders Community

"cystic lesion"

I just had an ultrasound that showed a very large ( 5.4 X 2.4 X 4.1 cm) cystic lesion of the thyroid.  The report said it may be a degenerating adenoma but a chronic neoplasm can't be ruled out.  My TSH is low.  My free serum Triiodothyronie is high, free T4 is normal, and Thyroid Peroxidase is 23 with the range being 0 - 34.

I really don't understand this, and can't seem to find much information to explain it.  Any thoughts?
In some cases the common type of thyroid nodule [thyroid adenoma] is desintegrating, creating the dead tissue and fluid filled blister [cyst].
Please forgive my stupid analogy if you ever studied astronomy, it similar to the planetary nebula formation when the star --[adenoma] dies then the planetary nebula [cyst] forms.
chronic neoplasm does NOT mean it is cancer they just thinking it can be large cyst