Thyroid Disorders Community

diet ?'s re: hashimotos

Is there a better way to eat while you are waiting for normal levels to help with water and extra weight you have gained since learning about my thyroid issues?  What is the deal with a water pill?
It is always good to have a balanced, healthy diet. Not eating consistently well can contribute to weight gain at any time. Cutting back on sodium (  very hard) may  diminish water weight.
Also, there are things not to consume within about 3-4 hours of taking the replacement hormone. They are generally listed in the prescribing info but include things like soy milk.

Doc can rx a diuretic if you need one, but you have to watch your electrolyte balance when on one I believe