Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

disorder thyroid

hi i had a nodule like 3 month ago and then it gone , but it,s like 5 month i am putting on weight i put on more than 12 kilos in 4 month ... not i did thyroid test and my TSH is very low it's 0.07 and then the doctor asked me to do also FT3 and FT4 now i did all the 3 and my TSH is one week it decreased to 0.04 and my FT4 is 16 and FT3 is 5.2 which is normal but i have all the symptoms for hypothyroidism not hyperthyroidism  and he did't give me anyhting he told me ww gonna wait 6 weeks and see what's gonna happen !!!
do anyone have any idea
thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
What are the reference ranges for the Free T3 and Free T4?  Reference ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report for the best comparison.

Some symptoms can apply to either/both hyper and hypothyroidism or you could be swinging between hyper and hypo, but since symptoms often lag behind labs it may take some time for the symptoms to catch up.  Maybe they won't...

Another possibility is secondary hypothyroidism, in which the pituitary gland isn't producing enough TSH to stimulate the thyroid gland to produce adequate FT3 and FT4.

Some vitamin deficiencies can mimic hypothyroidism, so you might want to ask your doctor to test vitamin B-12, vitamin D and ferritin.