Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

does Hashimoto's thyroiditis affect my voice and eyes?

I'm in my early 20s and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I had taken SSRI drugs for around 6 months as well. I guess it was not serious since the doctor said I don't need to take any medications and I just need to do biannual medical check-up.

But whenever I get tired, I tend to have a hoarse voice and even my family notice this and they tell me like "you must be tired now. you've got a bit of a frog in your throat."
I have lots of vision problems; my eyesight is getting bad and I have blurry & distorted vision problems. I also have serious photophobia symptoms, so I can't even open my eyes in the summer time while my friends have no problem with the sunlight. My eyes were really dark brown colours before but I can see my iris now and when I take a macro picture of my iris, the colour is not even; some spots are lighter comparatively. I really worry this because I feel like my eye colours are getting lighter as much as my photophobia symptoms getting worse (I'm not sure whether my iris is actually changing the colours or not. I just feel like this.)

does anyone know what relationship between my symptoms is or reasons?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.