high calcium level in blood

I just found out that I have high level of calcium in my blood. What does this mean? What causes it?
Don't know a lot about your particular situation but here's a link to an illness that results in high calcium readings:

http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/HyperparathyroidPS.pdf

If this calcium reading is coming out of the blue for you the dr will probably track your blood for a bit before getting to a diagnosis.

Stay in touch.
Hi Sally,
You probably have hyperparathyroidism. It is never normal to have high calcium levels. I would get your Vitamin D levels and Parathyroid hormone levels checked and please read parathryoid.com. Dr. Norman is one of the best parathryoid surgeons in the world, on his website you will learn all that you need to know about this disease. Most doctors are not experienced enough in this area. Please read this website!!!!