A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members
487969 tn?1249316891

history making more sense now

Well - have another dr appt today.  I realized I saw the GP last year (exactly 1 year - was May 15 2007) and he did blood work on me for severe intestinal / stomach problems.  15 days worth.  Never found the cause.  Maybe he did the thyroid levels in his testing last year.  Wouldn't that be great just to get a previous reading on levels!

I have been reviewing my symptom sheet and when I got to "cycle" information, I took some time to reflect on my past experience.  Could excessive menstrual cycle (30+ at a time) when I was a teen have signaled a thyroid malfunction?  Could my goiter now and lack of cycle be attributable to some possible thyroid problem from 14-15 years ago?  Cycles started early for me (10 years old and were uncontrollable from the start).  Constant cycle brought on BCPs, Depo Provera, Depo Lupron, etc. and eventually, the fertilaty doc that administered the Depo Lupron told me I would not be able to have kids (at 17 I was told that).  Had 2 Endometreiosis surgeries in addition to this.  Nothing helped.  At 21 I got pregnant (what a shock).  Cycle was ok after that, but with gradual return of pain.  At 27 had another child.  Unable to breastfeed (which I was not entirely unhappy about) and had no leakage after cessation. increased breast pain prior to period (NEVER USED TO HAVE IT) and it gets worse by the month. Now, here I am three years later with a swollen neck, normal blood work, no period for 2 months, and an up and down feeling from hypo to hyper.

Would you think there is a link?
2 Responses
168348 tn?1379360675
How did ur appt go?

C~
487969 tn?1249316891
Thanks for checking!  I posted yesterday under "Giving up" but now I've gotten your cyber lashes :) and decided to stay in the fight!  Thank you so much!

~K
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.