hyperthyroidism and depression

Hi, i want to know if it is normal to feel extremely depressed with hyperthyroidism. i was diagnosed two months ago and i have been put on carbimazole, the consultant is currently doing more blood  tests etc

i recently have been feeling very tired, have an acheing body and and sweating alot. i currently have a throat infection and am feeling very depressed and irritabl, i am not sure what has bought this on as up until now i have been fine (besides normal symptoms). my dose of carbimazole has recently been increased to 30mg from 20 mg.

i cannot stop crying, i have my twin boys to look after, i just wanted to know if this is something that will pass once the carbomazole actually kicks in properly, how long doe sit take for the carbimazole to actually work? my 'levels' are currently 63.

Please advise i am not sure how long i can carry on being depressed like this for
I  found myself depressed after treatment going from hyper to hypo.  It is not unusual for thyroid condition to come with depression or any other mind and mental issues. A lot of us are or have been, on antidepressants to help us get through this rough spot of thyroid.  Its not forever, but just until levels are and have been stable, without meds. adjustments, for a full year and depression is gone, although this is not the same for all.  With your level at 63 I can understand the depression and crying.  
I have no personal experience with carbomazole.

Ask your doctor for help. No need to suffer when there is help for us and at our finger tips.

Good Luck!
Sorry you're having such a rough time and having to raise twin boys.  My word!  :)  That sounds rough, one is a challenge.  Ask for some anti-depressants, they will make a huge difference in your life.  A few of them are really fast acting and don't take months to kick in.  Can't remember the names of them but would ask to start on one of those and then in a month or two when they are really in your system well you can change if you need to.  

Changing anti-depressants when you are already on one is not a big deal.  And you need to be one now.  

Good luck and take care of yourself so you can take care of those little guys.
Dac