Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

hypothroidism

55, female,72kgs,5"1'.  in july my tsh was 4.7. i was put on .50mg thyroxine sodium tabs. (hypo since 2011)my tsh now is 21.97, t 3& t4 is normal. Also from august 2012 i am on 20mg propranolol and .50 clonazepam for bpd, depresssion, anxiety & quarter of
olanzipine 5 mg and fluoxetine 20mg combo.  for past 35 years i have been taking sleeping pills. my eyesight has deteriorated over time.  i suffer from sluggishness, slow gait, memory loss, sensitivity, anxiety and increased appetite.
i have always been addicted to food particularly sweet & fatty. my pulse is 60.
will increasing my thyroxine sodium to .75mg or how much more? help?  any help is appreciated!
Could you post your most recent thyroid labs TSH, Free T4 and Free T3?
Please include the reference ranges provided for each level as ranges vary from lab to lab. Thank You FTB4
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your symptoms all indicate that you could use an increase in your levo, however, as FTB4 said, we need to see your labs.

Some medications, such as the fluoxetine can cause changes in appetite; you might talk with your doctor about trying a different medication.

Once your thyroid levels are adequate, you might be able to reduce some of the drugs you take, since hypothyroidism can cause depression and other "mental" type illnesses.