Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

hypothroidism

55, female,72kgs,5"1'.  in july my tsh was 4.7. i was put on .50mg thyroxine sodium tabs. (hypo since 2011)my tsh now is 21.97, t 3& t4 is normal. Also from august 2012 i am on 20mg propranolol and .50 clonazepam for bpd, depresssion, anxiety & quarter of
olanzipine 5 mg and fluoxetine 20mg combo.  for past 35 years i have been taking sleeping pills. my eyesight has deteriorated over time.  i suffer from sluggishness, slow gait, memory loss, sensitivity, anxiety and increased appetite.
i have always been addicted to food particularly sweet & fatty. my pulse is 60.
will increasing my thyroxine sodium to .75mg or how much more? help?  any help is appreciated!
2 Responses
Could you post your most recent thyroid labs TSH, Free T4 and Free T3?
Please include the reference ranges provided for each level as ranges vary from lab to lab. Thank You FTB4
649848 tn?1534637300
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your symptoms all indicate that you could use an increase in your levo, however, as FTB4 said, we need to see your labs.

Some medications, such as the fluoxetine can cause changes in appetite; you might talk with your doctor about trying a different medication.

Once your thyroid levels are adequate, you might be able to reduce some of the drugs you take, since hypothyroidism can cause depression and other "mental" type illnesses.  
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.