Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

hypothyroidism

i am currently 8 weeks pregnant and never had a thyroid problem.during routine blood tests in pregnancy i found out that my tsh is 16.i was referred to an endo who has asked my further blood tests to be done.results awaited.want to know if it could hurt my baby till the treatment actually begins...please help.iam really distressed.
I don't know much about the baby getting hurt, but it is good that they are checking your thyroid levels. If there is a problem you and the baby will be closely monitored. The greatest risk comes from untreated thyroid problems. Like I said, it's good you're getting your thyroid checked. Sorry that I couldn't be much help...the blood results should definitely arrive this week and you and the endo will be able to talk more about you and the baby..

Good luck!