Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

hypothyroidism

I have just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism I have been on 25mcg of thyroxine for three days now.
I feel awful at the moment.
I have been trying to have a baby with my husband been trying for 8 months.
Does anyone know how long it take before I can get pregnant, my female hormones are working fine just this stupid thyroid not functioning properly?

hope I can get some advice sometime in the near future.
I take your current hypothyroidism was recently Dx'd?

Truely 3 days is not long enough to say what's the best time to concieve.

You should consider putting your thyroidism first before getting pregnant.

Recently I have read that taking thyroid meds is safe for pregnant women - but I do not think being actually hypothroid is healthy for you or a baby either.

It's hard when you have to change plans especially on starting a family - but you should get better first before thinking of doing that.