Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

insomina, panic, anxiety?

I'm a 40 y.o male and I've been treating my hypothyroid issue for...20 years now. I'm currently on 112 of synthroid. I've been dealing with panic attacks and anxiety for...huh...20 years now. It recently has gotten very bad and I assumed that it was due to a job change but I'm starting to think it might be more. I was doing a google search this morning because on top of the panic attacks I've been having insomnia/racing thoughts. About 2 in the morning...for weeks I keep thinking wtf is wrong with me. The doctor has loaded me up with prescriptions: paxil, ambien, lorazepam. The ambien is barely helping me sleep now. I'm a mess and I hate taking any medication.  

I've been reading around this forum and I've been finding some interesting info which has generated some questions.

I've always had whatever test the doctor has ordered for my thyroid and then they adjusted my medication as necessary. I've been on 112 for a few months now but _is it possible_ that even though my recent blood test came back normal that I'm on too high a dosage and that's causing my panic/anxiety/racing thoughts/insomnia? I'm also very lethargic and I've gained weight. I was going to the gym several times a week but in the past few months I've just stopped caring and can't motivate myself to even go for a walk.

I'm a mess and I need help but I'm not sure where to begin.

Thanks

1 Responses
I think the best place for us to begin is to have a look at the actual thyroid test results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.  Just because results fall within the so-called "normal' range does not mean they are right for you.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.