Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

my wife just received news today

my wife recently had an ultrasound down on her neck.  at first site the person performing the test said you look like you are in great condition this should be no problem.  But as she start to perform the test she said she had never seen anything like it and that my wife had a large goiter with multiple nodules. The thyroid doctor just called her today and told her she has a 3 inch nodule on her thyroid.  She had been suffering from headaches sinus problems for the last 3 years.  We thought it was allergy related and kept trying to treat it accordingly.  Is it possible that these symtoms are also being caused by the thyroid issues?   Also has anyone ever had a patient with a goiter or nodule of this size?
5 Responses
499534 tn?1328704178
You would be surprised at all the sinus and allergy issues a lot of us have had.
What did her Dr say his next plan of action is?  
biopsy first to determine if cancerous or not.  Do you suffer from headaches and sinus burning as well?
499534 tn?1328704178
I have suffered with both, since developing Hashimoto's and nodules.
what do you do to deal with it?    We have been treating her with allergy medicines never relating it to her thyroid.  But she has a hyper thyroid as well as a goider with nodules.   I read your bio and it sounds like you get worn out pretty easily.  I must say my wife is the hardest working person I know and is like the energizer bunny and just keeps going.  are there some questions we should ask at our next appt?  what are some of the most important things we should be looking for?
499534 tn?1328704178
Yes...I remember when I was like the energizer bunny myself.
I have to say that.... slowly...but surely I am gaining that stamina back.
When you go back to DR....ask what he suggests to get control over this situation.
Is he recommending surgery? Meds? If she is hyperthyroid..what type of treatments is she receiving?
Get copies of ALL labwork and keep your own file at home. Take notes.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community

Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.