neck pressure

I had a partial thyroidectomy in 2003. In 2008 I started feeling like my throat was being squeezed. When the pressure is the strongest I also get chest pain. In 2009 the remaining half of my thyroid was removed because the nodules had grown. The pressure and chest pain remained after the surgery. My doctors tell me that it is probably scar tissue from the orignial surgery and the size of the nodules on the half that wasn't removed until 2009. The only way I can keep the pressure from bothering me is to keep my head perfectly straight. Looking down, raising my arms above my head and looking side to side increase the discomfort. Is there anything I can do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you so much for your posting. This at least gives me some hope and direction to what might be affecting me. All the doctors who have seen me are uncertain of what is causing my discomfort and though some days are worse than others, there are days that the pressure is quite bad. I will definitely look into it further. Michelle
Helpful - 0
Just a thought could it be esphougeaul spasms.. sounds like what I get and thats what they told me it, its also called globus something.. feels like when they put there hands around your neck to check your thyroid and tell you to swallow the pressure there and cause chest discomfort as well when I have it..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community