Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

pregnanacy-hypothyroidism

I have been suffering with hypothyroidism from many days.but i came to know very lately.from past 3 mnths i am taking medication for this:ELTHROXIN-100 MCG from india.i just came to US from  india.for the first time my TSH levels are >150, for the second time it is 85 and the recent blood work was on sep 1st in india, then it is 40.sep 4th was my last period first date and know i am pregnant.i am mush worried about my thyroid.can you please suggest me on this.is it safe to my baby to continue my pregnancy?i really love to have a healthy baby. ofcourse every one..

i read this may lead to abnormalities and birthdefects.so please help me out in this.should i continue or not?
It is my understanding that you HAVE to take your thyroid meds while pregnant, the baby needs them too!
I had a miscarriage due to my thyroid, but that was before I was getting treatment for it, if I would have been on synthroid back then it may not have happened.
Call your doctor ASAP and keep your OB informed as well, get your levels checked evefry trimester is not more often.
Congrats!!! We are trying unsuccessfully to TTC, darn thyroid.