A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

pregnanacy-hypothyroidism

Hi,

I have been suffering with hypothyroidism from many days.but i came to know very lately.from past 3 mnths i am taking medication for this:ELTHROXIN-100 MCG from india.i just came to US from  india.for the first time my TSH levels are >150, for the second time it is 85 and the recent blood work was on sep 1st in india, then it is 40.sep 4th was my last period first date and know i am pregnant.i am mush worried about my thyroid.can you please suggest me on this.is it safe to my baby to continue my pregnancy?i really love to have a healthy baby. ofcourse every one..

i read this may lead to abnormalities and birthdefects.so please help me out in this.should i continue or not?
1 Responses
It is my understanding that you HAVE to take your thyroid meds while pregnant, the baby needs them too!
I had a miscarriage due to my thyroid, but that was before I was getting treatment for it, if I would have been on synthroid back then it may not have happened.
Call your doctor ASAP and keep your OB informed as well, get your levels checked evefry trimester is not more often.
Congrats!!! We are trying unsuccessfully to TTC, darn thyroid.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.