sensitive to cold air conditioner

I am acutely sensitive to cold air conditioner. The effects are immediate and the colder the air the worse things are. This is followed by a thumping headache and painful soreness in the eyes and nostrils. Further exposure can result in heavy nasal congestion and pain spreading all around my eyes, jaws , teeth, And headache. The problem started  after my open heart surgery for an aorotic valve replacement, and I am on coumadin therapy for life time.  With my primary Dr. we did a lot of  kind lab tests included TSH and they all come normal.  I am a nurse working in the hospital. I wear a lots of clothing . If a go to grocery store , I run along the aisles . I stopped going to restaurants. Can you offer any help as to what it might be, what has caused it and what can be done? I so desperate, please help. Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is not a thyroid issue per se.

Coumadin is a blood thinner to prevent bold clots.  Blood thinners will cause a person to more colder than usual than a person not taking it.  

If you haven't already, you might go to the doctor forum and ask Douglas Bogart, MD
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/157

October is breast cancer awareness

Helpful - 0
Thank you for your time. I just ask Dr. Bogart, I hope I will get some help.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community