Thyroid Disorders Community

someone help with my thyroid labs

They are in the normal ranges but low. Should I be concerned? My doctor doesn't seem to be, and yet my mom, aunt, and their mom - are all hypothyroid. Just want to make sure my doctor is doing right by me.

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab(0-34) ------------------(my result = 8 )
Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy(30.0-100.0)------------------(my result = 24.1 )
TSH(0.49-4.67)------------------(my result = 2.1 )
T4, FREE(0.8-1.8)------------------(my result = 0.9 )
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your vitamin D is below the reference range... it should be about 60 to be optimal.  You should supplement.

Your Free T4 is "in range", but very low.  Do you have symptoms of hypothyroidism?

You should ask your doctor for a Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TgAb) test also...It's another marker for Hashimoto's, along with the TPOab test... you need them both or you could miss the diagnosis.

You also need a Free T3 test.  Free T3 is the active thyroid hormone that correlates best with symptoms.