Thyroid Disorders Community

tender lump under jaw

Several days ago I noticed it hurt a little when i put my head back.  It was as though I pulled something in my neck.  Today I woke up and its very tender and there is a lump about the size of a cherry just to the right of the center about an inch from the tip of my chin.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Marie
I would wager this is a lymph node. Being tender, I would think you possibly have an infection in the nearby vicinity: tooth or salivary gland. Or very bad acne break-out around your chin/mouth.
I would schedule an appointment with a doctor and in the meantime, keep your teeth very clean (brushing, flossing and gargling).
Did you ever find out what this lump under your jaw was? I have just found something similar.
That would be a lymph node. Probably a local infection or virus can do it. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck and it turned out to be something viral.
does anyone know if it goes away on its own or if you need an antibiotic?