Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members

tender lump under jaw

Several days ago I noticed it hurt a little when i put my head back.  It was as though I pulled something in my neck.  Today I woke up and its very tender and there is a lump about the size of a cherry just to the right of the center about an inch from the tip of my chin.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, Marie
5 Responses
125112 tn?1217273862
I would wager this is a lymph node. Being tender, I would think you possibly have an infection in the nearby vicinity: tooth or salivary gland. Or very bad acne break-out around your chin/mouth.
I would schedule an appointment with a doctor and in the meantime, keep your teeth very clean (brushing, flossing and gargling).
Did you ever find out what this lump under your jaw was? I have just found something similar.
1528307 tn?1336000554
That would be a lymph node. Probably a local infection or virus can do it. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck and it turned out to be something viral.
1528307 tn?1336000554
That would be a lymph node. Probably a local infection or virus can do it. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck and it turned out to be something viral.
does anyone know if it goes away on its own or if you need an antibiotic?
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.