Thyroid Disorders Community

throbbing heart beats

I was diagnosed with multi-nodular goiter and I am due next week for a CT of the neck. However in June I started to have very strong pounding heart beats and now they are present all day and at times I feel short of breath. It is very hard to get to sleep at night.
Are these symptoms in any way related to the thyroid disorder? What is the treatment for these pounding heartbeats?
Heart palpitations (what you are describing) can be associated with both hypo and hyperthyroidism.  Are you being treated for a thyroid disorder?  Do you have the results of your latest FT3 and FT4 (and their reference ranges) and TSH?  If so, please post so we can comment more intelligently.  If not, ask your doctor for them.