Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

thyroid ultrasound

I am a 28 year old female who was diagnosed 7 years ago with hypothyroidism and have been on synthroid since but recently i have been having pain in my neck ears and jaw. It got so bad that i ended up in the er cause it was hard to swallow. they said i had thyroiditis and that my ultrasound said i had heterogenous echotexture of the thyroid but no nodules that could be appreciated. i was treated with prednisone but dont know if i should follow up with another Dr. i dont seem to be getting any answers of why this is happening!
1 Responses
929504 tn?1332589534
It's important to be your own advocate as far as your health is concerned. If you do not feel comfortable with your current Endo, find another one. You may have to go through 3 or 4 before you are comfortable with one. Alot of doctors will experiment and guess according to your symptoms. If I were you, I would also see an ENT doc to rule out any other conditions.  
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.