Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

thyroid ultrasound

I am a 28 year old female who was diagnosed 7 years ago with hypothyroidism and have been on synthroid since but recently i have been having pain in my neck ears and jaw. It got so bad that i ended up in the er cause it was hard to swallow. they said i had thyroiditis and that my ultrasound said i had heterogenous echotexture of the thyroid but no nodules that could be appreciated. i was treated with prednisone but dont know if i should follow up with another Dr. i dont seem to be getting any answers of why this is happening!
It's important to be your own advocate as far as your health is concerned. If you do not feel comfortable with your current Endo, find another one. You may have to go through 3 or 4 before you are comfortable with one. Alot of doctors will experiment and guess according to your symptoms. If I were you, I would also see an ENT doc to rule out any other conditions.