Thyroid Disorders Community

thyroid

My thyroid test came back normal however the thyroid uptake scan, came back that I had Graves disease. The doctor is currently not doing anything. He believes that I do not have graves, but the scan was done three different times and each time it came back with the same thing. What do you suggust?
Which thyroid test did he do?
Make sure the labs indicate a TSI reading. Are you symptomatic?
I am not sure of the exact test, but one included the antibodies, the TSI. I will have to find my test result to let you know for sure what all they did test for. yes, I do have some of the symptoms such as anxiety, night sweets, dizziness, blured vision, weight gain, numbness in the hands.
Sounds all to familiar.  Before I was diagnosed with Graves years ago, I went back & forth with bloodwork until they finally did the uptake scan, which confirmed the diagnosis.  I was put on Propylthiouracil and mine quickly went into remission for YEARS, until I became hypo and realized I have antibodies for both Graves and Hashis.  I can't believe they are doing nothing though you are symptomatic.....maybe you need to switch doctors.  Are you seeing an Endocrinologist or a family Dr.?  
  I seen a family doctor, he told me that the uptake was positive for Graves and he sent me to a endocrinologist and he said the blood work did not support the results of the uptake and that we should do nothing.