Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

tired and moody

I have been hypothyroid for at least 13 years and I have been very well controlled with my thyroid meds up until this year.  I have had 3 successful pregnancies and never an issue with increases or decreases during my pregnancies.  When my youngest was 16 months I finally joined the gym again and got back into my training schedule.  I have always been an athlete but my kids are 7,5, and 2.5 so it was hard to really have time for me. I am 34 years old myself.  I was doing awesome, lost all my baby weight, got back down to my high school speed.  Completed a triathlon, training for a half marathon... but there was a problem.  It seemed liked every 2-3 months I would rebound.  I lost the weight, feel sudden exhaustion, then gain all the weight back.  I train 2 hours a day 5 days a week.  One strength class, one cardio.  Ate well, recovery meal.  All of a sudden I would get this aura like I was going to pass out, have no strength, and I would put on 10 pounds in a month.  My thyroid has been up and down this whole year like never before. At one point my TSH was 5.24 then they increased my Synthroid to 125 mcg from 112.  Then my levels went really low, .138.  Decresed my 125 to 3 days a week and the `112, 4 days a week, level now .70.  Decresed back to 112.  Feeling like ****, haven' been able to work out because in the midst of all this I tore my semimembranous tendon to my hamstring.  My periods have been crazy and I have extreme night sweats, more like night drenches which occur one week before my period and last all week every night.  Why can't I ever maintain my weight?  Are my levels fluctuating because of my training?  I have met with nutritionists to help me but none that are of higher sports training caliber.  No one seems to be able to help me.  Is there a chemical component that I am missing.  I have even increased my iron intake.  Still feel lousy.  And now I am just so depressed over the whole thing.  Please help. I do not know what to do.  
1 Responses
If you want some ideas as to direction, please read the posts under the name sunsetswing.  Determining a patient's level of med. by using only TSH should be against the law.  It doesn't give nearly enough info to make such an important decision.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.