Thyroid Disorders Community
26k Members

underactive thyroid

Had a blood test done recently TSH showing 100 my doctor increaesd my medication to 75mcgs to weeks ago now on 100mcgs, but i feel so ill is this normal to feel this bad. Lynn
Hi just joined i have a underactive thyroid.Lynn
I'd say it's pretty normal to feel awful with a tsh of 100. That is completely hypothyroid and can make you feel beyond ill.  You should start to feel better in a few weeks when that number starts coming down. Are you going to get your blood checked again?  When my tsh was that high it took a long time for it to come down and for me to start feeling well again.  It just takes time but make sure you are getting your levels checked every 4-6 weeks to make sure you are making progress.
Hi and welcome!! hate we had to meet this way, but nice to meet you.  :-)

I know mine was almost 6 and I felt terrible. Of course, it had been untreated for a while and it is taking me a while to get mine stable. By that I mean about 3 months. So I am sure I have a lot further to go.

How long had it been since you had your levels  tested?  What are your symptoms?

Peggy
Hi I will be going back to the hospital next month, I was overactive untill febuary this year where i had the radiactive idoine treatment. My symtoms are feeling very tired,coldness hot sweats from time to time, puffy round the eyes and swelling round the hands and feet.  Thanks for asking Lynn
Yep sounds like hypothyroid to me.....Peggy
Hi Lynn,

I was hyper, had rai treatment and not hypo thryoid.  I feel like i fell out of the sewer dump.  The funny and sad thing is nobody believes me when I tell them how I feel.  The endo dr started me out on 100mcg synthroid and my TSH was 27.69.  Although it has been about 3 weeks on the 100mcg synthroid I haven't gotten too much better in the symptoms department.

What are we to do?

Terri