what vitamin is good..please help..

i have hyperthyroid..im just curious as to ..what vitamins are good for the body to take when you have this disease..i want to be as healthy as possible..
Best Answer
C, D, B12, - energy

cal, mag, - body pain

I'd just try each one to see if you feel any better. You should ask for a D and B12 test.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you..i will ask my doc..when i go back i will ask for the d and b12 test..
Helpful - 0
I currently take Vid D3 & B12;  I was low on B12 about 3yrs ago so my doctor put me on OTC daily & I was recently low Vid D so put on that daily after the 8 week regime.

I think my defiencies are from my BAD eating habits...
Helpful - 0
me too..i dont eat like im supposed to..but i love choclate..for some reason i cant stay away from chocleate..i never used to like cookies and candy the way i used to now..its addictive..but im putting healthy foods to help me..so slowly i eat healthy ..but i still love chocleate..i dont fry chicken any more..so thats a good thing..
Helpful - 0
Selinium I understand is also good to help convert T4 into T3.

But also understand that Thyroid is Thyroid.  There is no vitamin that can replace a hormone.  It is just that it is common for people who are hypothyroid also tend to have Vit D & B-12 deficiency.

Vit D deficiency is quite common in our society in general.  I suppose because many of us spend so much time inside in air conditioning etc than humans used to in the past.  it is especially worse in the northern climates and certainly in the winter.  When the sunlight on our skin allows little or no creation of Vit D.  I know in WI my wife takes 2,000 to 4,000 IU's of Vit D year round.  I also take 2,000 IU in the winter and it makes a difference in terms of energy levels.

B-12 is difficult to actually get levels up.  People who are low B-12 often have to get injections to really have a noticeable effect from what I understand.

One final thing.  I personally have to disagree about NOT eating fried chicken as being a good thing.  There is few things better than a good fried chicken dinner!  It's all about moderation.

Darn it.  Now I want some fried chicken for lunch :)
Helpful - 0
thank you ..all that have responded..but i was just saying for me..fried chicken is not good..too much fat and high cholesterol..just my thoughts.. i bake and make soups..but i love chicken..soo..i just want to better my body..to the best..i can..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community