A
A
A
Close
Thyroid support group Community
34 Members
117289 tn?1391712825

Thyroid Issues and Graves

Hey all, I am new to this forum.  I was diagnosed with Hyperactive thyroid and Graves 15 months ago when I ended up in the ER with Afib.  My TSH was .004  I had Radioactive Iodine 10 months ago and have been on different doses of generic synthroid.  Started with 75 then went to 112 then back to 100.  I was on the 100 for about 12 weeks and was feeling fairly good.  Then about 2 weeks ago I started having heart palp and feeling on edge, not sleeping etc.  Had blood work done and my TSH was >.01!  I called my endo and she told me to stop meds for 3 days then take 88mg 3 days a week and 100mg 4 days per week.  I took the 88mg in the morning and had heart palps that evening.  I called my endo the next day, and she told me to stop taking it for the next week and then to start 75mg on Monday.  I thought that the radioactive iodine killed my thyroid!  Was there just too much synthroid in my system?  Help!!  I feel like I am losing my mind!!!
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.