Transplants Community
459 Members

Lung Transplant

I am 26 and currently seeking help of a hospital for future double lung transplant for emphysema (weird I know).  I have chosen UCLA for the time being, but I was hoping to hear stories of other people who have had lung transplants, where they were done, what age, what life is like now, how long was recovery and if anyone knows which hospital is the best for lung transplant?

I am also terrified of the procedure and am having bouts of depression and anxiety.  Any info would be helpful.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.