A
A
A
Close
Transplants Community
459 Members
458375 tn?1216324412

When does the novelty wear off?

I just got the call Tuesday the my meld score had gone to a 16.  At UW Madison, you go on the "short list" (active list) with a score of 15 or higher.  Today I had to meet the surgeon, LCSW, nutritionist, get a chest x-ray, EKG, go to pre anesti clinic, ect....  I received a notebook with information and a DVD to watch about each stage of the getting prepared process.  I can no longer turn my cell phone off.  Now I won't be able to sleep tonight because I will be staring at my cell phone.  When does that feeling go away?
4 Responses
That feeling will go away when you start to 'get back to your normal life". What kind of transplant are you waiting for?
458375 tn?1216324412
Oh! I thought I mentioned it...MELD score refers to liver....
338734 tn?1377163768
I know the feeling well. It is best not to dwell on it. Try to get on with doing the things you need to do and not think about it. I know that is much easier said than done, but you can drive yourself nuts thinking about it. I hope you will get "the call" soon.

Don't be surprised if you get the call and then are sent home. This happens and was a big shock to me the first time it happened.

Best of luck and success to you.
338734 tn?1377163768
I would like to help any way I can as a one who has received a transplant (2-1/2 years ago).
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.