A
A
A
Close
Transplants Community
459 Members
318582 tn?1248122151

interferon

anyone heard or had treatment of interferon when your bad liver is removed and new/used one installed
10 Responses
DID YOU GET YOUR LIVER TRANSPLANT????????

Yes, !!! you can treat with interferon/riba after TP !!

Congrats !!!!!
Hugs
Elaine

318582 tn?1248122151
no transplant yet. on the top of the list.
what i was talking about was a clinical study im going to be in where im given riba hours before transplant then when my bad liver is removed ill be given interferon before good liver goes in, guess im be one of the first in this trial. no interferon will be needed after transplant if this works.
hope its soon.
R.
I've never heard of this before, never.
This is something new to me.   I don't understand?

Hugs
Elaine
338734 tn?1377163768
Hang in there pal! I have heard of such studies, but I don't know of any useful data right now. It is an intriquing theory. The idea, I believe, is to get the virus so low and contained that your own suppressed immune system, after Transplant, will overcome it.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. If successful, you will not need to go through months of interferon and riba after transplant.

Good luck.
Brent
Thank you Brent for the explanation...it really is interesting to
say the least. Thank you ! I can't find any studies on this subject and
I'm really interested.

Passagrille......Please let us know how things proceed....and please know
I wish you nothing but the very best outcome possible.

Hugs
Elaine
419309 tn?1326506891
I've heard of something similar recently:  that a small group of patients who received enough meds prior to TP to suppress VL remained virus-free after TP (but not all).  I'll see if I can dig up the studies -- I'll post when I do.  ~eureka
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.