Aa
A
A
A
Close
Traumatic Brain Injury Community
2.26k Members

Blow to the head

Hello, I work in a nursing facility and the other night I was hit hard in the left side of my head by a resident with his fist. I was taken to the ER and I suffered a concussion. This happen on Wednesday night and now it is Sunday and my head still hurts. My neck is stiff too! and my back hurts. My doctor wants to do a CT cervical scan because appartently they is a small  one fragment in my neck. PLease give me sum insight on this
1 Responses
10389859 tn?1409921868
I'm sorry to hear what happened; this is a Worker's Comp injury.  Did you have an MRI in the ER?  Did they say what "fragment" in your neck was affected and what was wrong with it?

Did they give you a neck brace or refer to you a Neurosurgeon or Ortho MD?

Did they give you any medications?

There is a User Group called "Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with a lot of resources/links on it that you might find helpful for your concussion...take a look at at.  I run the group.  

I suggest that you rest, don't push yourself and this will help you heal quicker.  As for your neck, we need more info.  I hope they are keeping you out of work in the meantime, otherwise get yourself a good Worker's Comp. attorney.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Trinity , TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease