Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Blow to the head

Hello, I work in a nursing facility and the other night I was hit hard in the left side of my head by a resident with his fist. I was taken to the ER and I suffered a concussion. This happen on Wednesday night and now it is Sunday and my head still hurts. My neck is stiff too! and my back hurts. My doctor wants to do a CT cervical scan because appartently they is a small  one fragment in my neck. PLease give me sum insight on this
I'm sorry to hear what happened; this is a Worker's Comp injury.  Did you have an MRI in the ER?  Did they say what "fragment" in your neck was affected and what was wrong with it?

Did they give you a neck brace or refer to you a Neurosurgeon or Ortho MD?

Did they give you any medications?

There is a User Group called "Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with a lot of resources/links on it that you might find helpful for your concussion...take a look at at.  I run the group.  

I suggest that you rest, don't push yourself and this will help you heal quicker.  As for your neck, we need more info.  I hope they are keeping you out of work in the meantime, otherwise get yourself a good Worker's Comp. attorney.