Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Cerebral Infarcts

I was in an accident in April of 2011 and have had paralysis of the right side of my mouth for the past 6 months, also left arm and hand numbness.  They just finally did an mri of my brain and found multiple cerebral infarcts.  They told me I did not have a stroke and the infarcts would not cause my symptoms.  So now I am freaking out because they STILL do not know what the hell is wrong with me.  Im only 34 years old with a 2 year old that needs me and no one seems to have any answers for me.  ANY suggestions would be helpful.  I see a neurologist tomorrow so hopefully he will have something reassuring to tell me.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There can be a local cause for this like pinched cervical spinal nerve, Scalene Myofascial Pain Syndrome or a pinched nerve in armpit.
Multiple brain infarcts can also be the cause, but less likely due to symptoms being localized to one area.
Neurological assessment will throw some light on this. Take care!