Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Fell down and my head hurt

Last night I was going down the stairs to sleep.  I mis-stepped in some way and fell down about 5 or so stairs.  At the time I only noticed my butt/tailbone taking a hit.  However immediately after my head started hurting similar to when I had a concussion last year. Not nearly as bad, but about 1/10 of the pain.  It's still hurting today, but I checked my head for where it may have had an impact.  Nothing hurts when I press it, and when I had a concussion, there was certainly a bump from where my head hurt.  I really don't remember hitting my head, so I don't think that's it. The pain is in the same spot as my head injury last year.  Is it possible that my head hurts from just being whipped around during the fall?  Is it possible that even though it's a year later with no issues, I exacerbated my old injury? Thanks in advance for any information.

Hi...the body is an amazing thing in that we can have transferred pain....it travels to different areas then where it was injured...this is due to the spinal cord and all the nerves travel thru it to the brain....injuring your tail bone may be a reason you had a headache....and that is a weak area for you...since you had a head injury b4.

You may want to see your Dr to make sure there is nothing else going on to be safe.