Traumatic Brain Injury Community

HSV-1 Reactivation

Can the reactivation of HSV-1 cause a hemorrhagic stroke (burst of cavernous hemangioma)?  Are there any tests that can be done to show this?  My Neurologist has done an MRI of the brain, but she says my deficits are from the stroke.  After over three years and no progress, I'd like to explore this possibility, especially since many things worsen right before menstruaion.

Thank you for your time!

How are you?
Hemorrhagic strokes occur due to rupture of blood vessels within the brain, like in your case it was a burst of cavernous hemangioma. The main causes for hemorrhagic stroke are high BP, brain aneurysm, hemangiomas, cancer and amyloidosis. There is no association between stroke and HSV activation.
Stroke can lead to neurological deficits like weakness, numbness, loss of sensations, loss of vision, speech difficulties, headaches, vertigo and loss of co ordination. Hope this answers your question. Take care!