Headache on right side only

I have a headache on the right side of my head that has lasted for the past two days.  I took some tylenol and it went away when I was sleep and for a little while when I woke up but now it is back.  It feels like I pulled something in my head and extends down into my neck slightly.  The day before I first got the headache I was doing some dancing that may have something to do with it but I am not sure.  It hurts really bad and it is hard for me to get comfortable.  I am scared that maybe I am having symptoms of a brain anyerism and wanted to get some insight as to what this may really be about.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain in just right side of head can be due to compressed cervical spinal nerves, pulled muscles, torticollis or wry neck (spasm of the sternocleidomastoid muscle) or even due to internal ear infection. It can also be due to TMJ or dental infection. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Helpful - 0

I would definitely go to a doctor and have it checked out. My mother died from a brain aneurysm which bled. She was having severe headaches for a few months at least before it bled. If they do a cat scan with contrast they can see if anything is there and if it is starting or likely to bleed. Don't take any aspirin as this will cause bleeding.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Traumatic Brain Injury Community