Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Knot on forehead

Hello, I am asking this for my boyfriend. He was robbed about 4 years ago, His jaw was cracked, right eye had 10 stitches, 3 teeth knocked out, 20 stitches in lip, roof of mouth swollen for months. Recovery went well until a knot developed above his right eye around the size of a quarter 6 months to a year later. It is still there and doesn't tend to cause him any pain. He has never gotten it checked out and is wondering if it could be something dangerous. Thankyou!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your boy friend undergoing so many injuries when he was robbed. The knot could be a contusion (soft tissue swelling), a localized collection of blood, or displaced fat due to the stitches. In all probability it is a harmless swelling but do consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.