Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Please help ...alchoholic ..PAWS

Hey,

Thanks for your support..every time i posted a question i learned something new....i have been without alcohol for almost 8 1/2 months now..i had the symptoms of paws after one month of quitting .....panic attacks , dizziness(feeling of faint), anxiety, fear, confused thoughts, but they are reduced a lot,still have dizziness sometimes while driving...i feel scared i may faint..i feel like the brain is going numb...i haven't fainted in my 8 1/2 months time..as long as i am doing cardio i am fine..but when i lift weights dumbles..may be two sets thats enough..i am getting this dizziness which last for 3 to 4 hrs..dizziness is severe ...i cannot drive..so i quit doing anything to do with weights...i have this panic spells..random while in elevator .or walking...i feel scared that the elevator may stop ..my worst fear is the i may faint in public...i am just worried is this normal...will i be normal again?.....or do things normally...i had tests when i was in ER ...everything was normal....i have a marriage proposal in few weeks...the girl which i like...i am going home for my vacation..my parents don't know my situation....i am not sure if i am ready to get married...are there any tests where they can detect my present status..they had a CT scan when i was in ER..everything was alright..and had connected to my chest a day to check my heart beat..everything look normal...whats the best way to diagonse this issue..i want to fix this problem.

thanks
Hi, have you looked on this MedHelp under alcholism?  As a recovering alcholic, I read their posts, they might be able to help you.  Good luck.  I have been sober for 5 years, one slip.  So I guess that I have one year.  I had drank for 30 years.  Glad that you are doing what you need to do.