Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Scarring on Forehead

I was in a car accident a few weeks ago and have started to heal physically.  I've have quite a bit of scarring on my forehead and some kind of growth that is hard under the swelling and have been told that it is not plasma or blood.  I'm concerned about how it will look with time.

I've been told by quite a few medical professionals that I've seen in the past few days/weeks that people that stitch up baseballs could have done a better job.  Even nurses have told me that when doing stitching, especially on the face, that the stitching done is always done very carefully as to reduce the amount of scarring, etc. later.

How does this look?

Will the 'swelling' go down?  

Will I need plastic surgery if I want this to 'go down' and look more normal?

Hi...one thing I found thru having a few surgical scars is we all heal at different rates.....and sometimes our diet and lifestyle can have an effect on how we heal.....increased Vit C is good for healing....as are many other vitamins and minerals.....

Give it time and see how it looks when it is healed.....if plastic surgery is something you choose to do, just know it will take approx the same time frame to heal.....so be patient and I pray you do not have to do much but allow the healing to be complete.