Traumatic Brain Injury Community

Was this a type of seizure

I was at the store and found myself staring at a shelf not nowing what i was looking for or nowing how long i was there. i do not remember walking over to that shelf. i do remember the ile we walked down prior. my wife came over and asked if i was ok. i must have not looked right. i am not sure how long i was standing there and like i said do not remember walking there. she asked what i was looking for and i could not tell her. i also felt really tired when we started walking again and did not feel normal. it is hard to describe how i felt. almost like all of a sudden i was there and did not now how. i am just trying to understand what happened. i am new to seizures.  
Hi!
If you feel there was a blackout then you need to consult a doctor. Dehydration, certain medications, heart problems, untreated diabetes, and nervous system disorders can all cause this. TIAs or transient ischemic attacks can also be the cause. Certain epilepsies/seizures too behave this way with temporary blackouts. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.