Traumatic Brain Injury Community

cyst

My husband has been having major head aches.  We took him in an d they found a cyst on his brain.  They said that he's having cluster head aches.  Now he has starting loosing strength on his left side, had mood swings, bad short term memory loss, and most recently is swelling in his lips and hands.  What's going on w him?  He has seen many specialist and no one can figure it out.  Some say the cyst need to go and others say it's not the cyst.  We are lost...  The last neurosurgeon said that he didn't think it was the cyst but that there's def something wrong and the local docs need to start from square one to figure out what's wrong.  
Welcome to the forum!
Mood swings, short term memory loss, swelling on lips and hands can also occur due to side effects of drugs for headaches like topiramate. So ask your doctor about the side effects of any drugs that you are taking.
If he is losing strength on his left side, it can be due to the cyst or TIA or a mini stroke or even due to a pinched nerve high up in cervical region. If your husband had a CT then go for MRI of the brain and cervical spine. It is difficult to comment beyond this on net. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!