Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Forum

flu vaccine

Is it safe to get a flu shot while your pregnant? I'm 6 1/2 Weeks & the Doctor told me I should get a flu shot is this ok our safe to do? Doors the shot make u get the flu?.

Yes, it is generally safe to receive the influenza ("flu") vaccine when you are pregnant. In fact, it is recommended by the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists as well as by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/pregnancy_influenza.html

It is not possible to get the flu from the vaccine.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.