rabies infection from stray dog

can i get rabies infection from stray dog when its mouth hit in my legg when i traveling in motorcycle.i have seen a scrach in my legg.i feared about it is from stray dog.do i need a vaccination.i have also OCD
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0

Rabies can be transmitted to humans after a bite from an infected animal. Rabies virus is present in the saliva.

The decision to vaccinate is best made by discussing the circumstances of this potential exposure with a healthcare provider.

~ Dr. Parks

This answer provided to you is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this Medhelp.org posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.