Trigeminal Neuralgia Community
452 Members

Has anyone tryed ativan

My visit with the neurosurgeon was disappointing ......he gave me a script for tegretol and a mri slip.

after reading the side effects of tegretol......one of which is low platelets...........which I have had a problem with in the past........he didnt ask me that question.

after the visit he shook my hand and sent me on my way.......saying he would work with my doctor........well I dont actually have a doctor......my guy retired.........and i went to a female endocrinologist ........with the intention of having her for a primary care........since I had pituitary surgery and all that mess.........she suggests I find a primary care doctor..........whatever the hell that means.........

Out of desperation...I took a .5 ativan .......and after a couple of night.s  .......knock on wood..........Ive been pain free ....even at night when moving around.........its like a miracle...........now i skipped the last 2 nights..........so maybe it is just in remission..........and not even the ativan .....who knows...........still...........Im in the middle of dental work.........extensive stuff..........however, nobody wants to relate that to this pain............
doctors are full of nothing.......and dentists are worse...........at least those ive encountered..........Its only on tv shows they pay attention...........
carol
wow, if the Ativan works , take it .   Wow . Do stay away from the dentist .......
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease